Pizza base ingredients: 1/3 cup spelt flour pinch sea salt 1 tsp chopped green chilli 1/2 tsp fennel seeds 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary 2 tablespoons water
Topping: I use whatever I haven the fridge. Pizza is great for using up leftovers. For the tomato base I use blended fresh tomatoes with a little basil or garlic and a teaspoon of tomato concentrate. Then get creative! For the pictured pizza my toppings were:
Beef tomatoes, chestnut mushrooms, dandelion root and leaves from the garden, sun blush tomatoes, torn green olives, coriander, basil, samphire and spring onion.
- Add the spelt flour in a big mixing bowl, add the salt, chilli, fennel and rosemary and mix. Slowly add the water little by little until you can form a dough. If the dough is too wet add a little more flour. If it is too dry add a little more water
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface until 2 mm thick with a rolling pin.
- Pu a plate or bowl on top of your dough the size you want your pizza and cut around it to get a nice even round pizza base.
- Heat a crepe pan (or another really flat pan) until slightly smoking add a small amount of coconut oil.
- Place your pizza base in the hot pan and let it cook for about 1/2 a minute on each side.
- Spread your tomato base onto your pizza and add your favourite toppings.